Monday, December 29, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Northern NY

Group home in Camillus catches fire, eight residents displaced

  • Text size: + -
CNY/NNY/S. Tier: Group home in Camillus catches fire, eight residents displaced
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

out of 10

Free Video Views Remaining

To get you to the stories you care about, we are offering everyone 10 video views per month.

Access to our video is always free for Time Warner Cable video customers who login with their TWC ID.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.


CAMILLUS, N.Y. -- A state group home in Camillus caught fire, leaving eight people without a home. Crews were called to a home on Genesee Street in Camillus around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.

They say the fire started in a second-floor bathroom when a vent fan caught on fire. Officials say the fire then spread through the ceiling and into the attic.

Firefighters were able to put it out within four minutes. No one was injured.

10.11.12.245 ClientIP: 54.166.39.179, 23.0.160.61 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP